Friday, January 11, 2008

Someday Me Talk Pretty

I spend my days reading French but I also, once a day, I download an episode of This American Life on iTunes. Today I listened to the episode about Americans in Paris. It made my want to buy the book of David Sedaris who wrote a book about his experiences in Paris(Someday Me Talk Pretty). This problem with buying books in Canada, though, is that the back of the books have the two prices--American and Canadian. The last book I bought was US$13 or CAD$18. Yikes! It made me decide to buy no more books in Canada. So now I'm torn. Oh the trials of currency movements!

Update: Turns out the title of the book is "Me Talk Pretty One Day", the part of it that takes place in France is rather small, and it's US$14.99/CAD$18.99. I didn't buy it.

No comments: