Thursday, January 3, 2008

Sleeping In

I guess the yoga last night knocked me out. Usually when I wake up when Elena is getting ready for work because she's moving around making typical morning noises like preparing coffee, running water, jangling hangers when she gets her coat, watching the weather report and local news. But this morning, I woke up at 9:33. I panicked and went to wake up Elena because she must have forgotten her alarm or something. But she wasn't there. Then I noticed that the TV remote was in a different place from when I last set it down. I had simply slept through it all. So I missed my desired 9:30 yoga. Then I missed the 4pm one because I got caught up with new internet stuff surrounding events in my Capitol Hill neighborhood.

I spent most of today reading the latest Le Point. There was even an article about the upcoming IA and NH caucuses and primaries. Tomorrow I'll read bits of their extensive in depth reporting on China which is their cover story this week. I learned such interesting terms as "gueule de bois", "pomponner", buveur", "illico", and "autochtone".

No comments: