Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Contests Where I like Both Sides

American Primaries: It's a bit frustrating to not have MSNBC all day while the primaries are going on. But it was enough to get Elena to upgrade to the $40 high speed internet from the $25 slow--but always on--cable internet. I want analysis. I get some from Talking Points Memo, but I want to veg in front of the TV and have it fed to me. I'm happy with what's going on so far. I'm happy with either Clinton or Obama. The nice thing about Obama for me would be traveling in Africa while a recent African descendant runs for the office of POTUS. I am in some ways still a "participant" in the election. I get several phone calls each day. In the United States they were almost all "unknown" but a significant portion of what would be "unknown" actually turn up as 604-519-0215 in Vancouver. Why? No idea. When I google that phone number, it seems that a lot of people get "unknown" calls from that number as well. So visitors to Vancouver--if you get 604-519-0215, that means unknown. One of these days when I'm bored, I'll enter that number into my phone so it shows some meaningful word.

The Dem primary is not the only contest where I'm a bit indifferent. This coming weekend the Green Bay Packers play the Seattle Seahawks. So who to cheer for? Hmmm.... I'm torn. I guess I'll have to go Packers since the QB for Seattle helped raise money for Bush and the Republicans a few months ago. The most important issue will be can I drink beer during the game? Or will Elena make me not drink beer? I do wish I could get some Alaskan Amber. Maybe I can...

Update: I added the 604-519-0215 number to my cell as Dalai Lama.

No comments: