Sunday, January 20, 2008

Home Alone

Elena, who doesn't know a touchdown from a home run, decided she didn't want to hang around while I swill beer and watch the games. So she went snowshoeing. So I'm home slumming it.

First on my mind--food, of course. So I decided to make a sandwich. I toasted a bun, browned up some cubed chicken, and broiled them with brie and rosemary.

Photobucket

Oh yes! Unfortunately, computers don't have smell, so you can't smell the rosemary. Then I sliced up a 4664 tomato (the 4664's at QFC in Seattle are better than the 4664's at IGA in Vancouver) and put the slices between the two pieces of sandwich.

Photobucket

So, that's how I started my football Sunday--with a rosemary chicken & brie sandwich. OK, it's not a brat cooked on a tailgate grill at Lambeau. But, hey, I'm going to France. What do you expect? To add insult to injury, I also have 5 Honey Brown lagers and a box of Peller Estates Chardonnay chilling in the fridge.

No comments: