Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Ticket To Dakar

Whew!  I got my ticket to Dakar.  The cheapest price on expedia was $1048 connecting in Lisbon.  They can't issue e-tickets and would have to send to my mailing address in the US where upon my parents would have had to send them somehow to me here in Morocco.

Well, instead of that, I decided to use a travel agent in the Routard guide.  So we went to Pampa Voyages in the new city.  They quoted me a price to Dakar from Casablanca of 5187 dh.  That's only about US$750.  Plus it's an e-ticket and it's on Royal Air Maroc which was about $3000 on expedia.com.  So I'm definitely going to book all my flights as locally as possible.

It is very nice to have that out of the way.  I was worried a bit about exactly how I was going to get the ticket.  Now it is all set.  All my travel from now on will be on land until I get to either Ghana or Cameroon (if I feel up to going through Nigeria).

No comments: