Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Shave And A Haircut, A Little More Than Two Bits

My beard was getting out of control. So I decided to have a barber shave it off since the barbers in Morocco still provide the service. I wandered around the medina in search of a bored looking barber and found one.

So I went in. I asked him, "pouvez vous tondre ma barbe?" and he pointed to the chair. I sat down as he lit a lighter and steriled the razor. As my beard was pretty old--about a week, he spent a fair amount of time applying the cream with a brush. Then I felt the razor. It took 2 applications of cream to get the whole beard. Then he asked if I wanted a haircut too. Sure why not? So we slipped a plastic thing over me to catch the hair and started with a haircut.

The shave was 20 dh and the haircut was 50 dh. Elena said I look pretty good.

No comments: