Wednesday, July 23, 2008

The First Night In Dakar

I didn't sleep too well. Despite the screen doors, there were 2 mosquitos. I got the first one pretty early. The second one was more elusive. I'd hear her and occasionally see her fly by, but I couldn't track her down. I slept in my sac à viande (aka sleeping bag liner) to expose as little flesh as possible.

This morning, I woke up and saw it on the wall. I tried to chase it down, but it kept getting away and went under the bed. I figured the low flying can't be good--weighed down with my blood, perhaps. Yikes. I hope is wasn't carrying malaria. If I get flu like symptoms, it's off to the doctor. Sadly, it's malaria season in Senegal. Malaria is deadly if not treated. So I'm going to be a little extra paranoid about my health in the coming months.

23/7/2008 8:53 am Dakar local time

No comments: