Sunday, July 20, 2008

Elena

Well today (19th) is my last day traveling with Elena. Originally, I thought we would only be together in France and she'd go off and do her thing while I went to Africa. But I also told her that she was welcome to come with me as far as she wanted to. And to my surprise, she decided to come to Morocco and see how it is.

For me Elena is a great traveling companion. She has her quirks but she always makes sure everything is in order, clean, neat, and organized. I'm going to miss her. We have agreed that if I find I can't stand traveling through Africa, we'll meet in Thailand or Nepal. Otherwise, we will meet again in December or January for our trip back across the United States to the Pacific Northwest.

So, Elena, thank you so much for being my traveling companion these 2 months in Vancouver, 3 months in France/Spain, and 1 month in Morocco! Although we had our disagreements and arguments, I have never had a better traveling companion. We have been to Hawaii, Japan, Amsterdam, Greece and the Greek Islands, Romania, Hungary, Czech Republic, New York City, Yosemite National Park, Banff, now Barcelona, Montpellier, Paris, Seville, Tangier, Fes, Casablanca, Essaouira, Marrakech, and Rabat. So I know how you are as a traveling companion! I keep inviting you to come with me! I hope that whenever we meet whoever we will and fall in love with whoever we do, that our special friendship will continue. Good luck on your travels to Romania, Nepal, India, Southeast Asia, and the Middle East. I'll be thinking about you. Always.

No comments: