Thursday, July 10, 2008

Back From A Hot Trip To The Medina

Wow!!!  I'm hot.  Well, actually I was hot.  The first thing I did upon coming home was to crack open a can of Spéciale Flag beer.  So I'm cooled by the beer.  The fan feels good and there is a tad bit of a breeze right now at 1:15 pm.

Today we are going to try to change our eating pattern.  Elena wants to go out at night and that means walking.  Well, I need more time between my big meal and a long hot walk.  Yesterday, we went out about 90 minutes after our lentil stew and my stomach was very unsettled.  So from today, we plan to eat our big meal at 4pm.  Then when we go out at 8pm, there was 4 hours since our last big meal.  We will have a nice lunch right now of cumin scrambled eggs, Laughing Cow cheese, and maybe some fruit salad (yes--cucumbers and tomatoes are fruits, not vegetables--they have seeds).

We stopped at the Aswak Assalam on the way back.  I got 500gr of turkey from the butcher.  He asked if I was French, though he must have known the answer from my non-French accent of my French.  Then he guessed Italian.  I told him I was American.  The guy we was chatting with told me his brother lives in Colorado.  I am no longer apprehensive at all about revealing I am American for political reasons.  With Barack Obama running for President, we have taken a leap forward in our image.  I am only apprehensive because they may regard me as rich and try to overcharge me even more.  It's nice to walk through the streets of Morocco and hear "Yes, we can" from the Moroccans who learn I'm American!  And I'm so happy I'm a Democrat--the party of my candidate for President of the United States, Barack Obama.  I wonder what Republicans think when they encounter the enthusiasm for Obama?  Barack Obama will make it so much easier to travel in Africa--just by being the candidate.  I can't wait to be in Kenya for the election.

No comments: