Friday, June 6, 2008

Paris Questions

Why do some of the metro trains have both iron and rubber wheels?

I wonder how much of what I saw was also seen by Benjamin Franklin when he was in Paris. In how many arrondissements did Benjamin Franklin get lucky?

What's with all the chimneys?

Why is it so expensive? €4 for 25 cl beer?

Why aren't there any convenience stores?

If you buy an Orange card, why can't you use it right away? And why can't you use it from midnight of the day it's valid?

Is "Passage Interdit" French for "Please Enter"? Because it seems to be.

Why can't their subway machines eat your ticket on the way out of the subway--like in Japan. That way, Paris wouldn't be littered with the confetti of subway tickets?

Why do I hear more English being spoekn in the streets of Paris than French?

Why does Elena have to humiliate me by sending me to the patisserie to order a mille-feuille? I can't say mille-feuille to save my life.

No comments: