Monday, June 30, 2008

Moving To New Place In Essaouira

(June 30 3:00 PM)

One of our follies was to decide to spend 2 weeks in Essaouira. Actually our original plan was to spend some time here, then go to Marrakech, then come back from the desert to the cool and nice Atlantic. So we prepaid a bit to get our place. Then we realized what we had done. Rather than give up our deposit, we decided to just make the best of 2 weeks here followed by some time in Marrakech. We have to return to Casablanca on the 19th anyway for Elena's flight, so we can decompress. Besides, I never got my burger (Norwegian, at your service) at Rick's Cafe. ;-)

So we moved from our more spacious but smellier place to our airier, but smaller place. It's quite the interesting sight. First, I am as tall as you can be to rent this place. Any taller, and I'd be bumping my head into beams and ceilings. It has 2 floors and is on the top of the building at the top of the steepest staircase I've seen here so far. The kitchen is well stocked with utensils, and there will be (hopefully) satellite TV. It is rather close to the location of our previous apartment.

Last picture of me at the first place:

Photobucket

No comments: