Friday, April 4, 2008

Vert Anglais

The Vert Anglais (The Green Englishman) is a bar near the Virgin superstore in the heart of Montpellier. Elena and I first went there for the WiFi. Elena got a glass of wine, I got a 1664, and then we headed upstairs to get a table. Elena picked up a newspaper along the way up.

I opened up the computer and tried to log in, but was confronted with a screen that requires a key. So I went downstairs to get a key. The bartender, who speaks English, whipped out a piece of paper with a bunch of keys, each one crossed out as it was given out. He gave the next key and then crossed it out. I tried it and it didn't work. So I went down and gave me the next key. That didn't work either. Finally, he came up with the list of keys and we tried about 4 until voila--we got in. You get a key if you buy a drink. The key gives you 30 minutes of internet access.

They have music and a happy hour.

No comments: