Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Another Picture and One In Progress

I left today to get a harder pencil for sketching lightly in my watercolor book. Then I went to find something to draw and meet Elena later.

I decided to draw her:
Photobucket

Here she is--a slightly different view though because I took this picture a few days ago. The watercolor is from the park bench. I was listening to the CD of l'Alchimiste while doing this.
Photobucket

Then I checked my watch. Already 5 minutes late to meet Elena! Yikes! So I found her at our meeting place by the Polygone and she was late too. Whew! We went to the Voltaire Maison Por Tous (like a community center) to see about registering for a month of Francais pour l'Etranger. Then we headed to our favorite coffee place--Book-in-Bar. We had coffees while I sketched in a corner of the place that was interesting:
Photobucket

I'll add color later.

2 comments:

Felix said...

That is really good! Seems like a great way add another dimension to chronicling your travels.

Mark said...

Thank you! :) There's just something about France that screams "watercolor me!" If I ever get good at it, I'd like to visit St-Guilhem-le-Desert again and just watercolor every scene I see. It begs to be rendered in watercolor.

And this is really the first time I've watercolored since art classes in school back in the mid 1980's. These aren't too bad for being that rusty and unskilled. :)