Monday, April 7, 2008

On Va Sortir dot com

Just like kijiji.fr is a sort of craigslist for France, we found onvasortir.com which is sort of like meetup.com. But, in my opinion, much better.

Here is my account and here is Elena's.

You create a little profile and then you can join events. The events show the maximum number that can join. There is a spot that indicates when and where the event will take place and the deadline for signing up. A waiting list is shown. There are all sorts of events. The genders are separated by color (when I first met Elena after a hike down with Inside Edge, I asked what the male:female ratio was. She didn't like me asking. Here you can easily see it for yourself.) Members get colored stars (grey, bronze, gold, platinum, titanium) according to how often they join events.

I will go to Le Dome down the street for language exchange. It is something I was planning to do anyway, but now it's posted as an event! So it counts toward my colored star credit. Elena might go, but she's going on a hike the same day.

2 comments:

Ken Slight said...

Very nice picture on nvasortir.com. How'd you age 10 years in one month?? :)

Mark said...

Did you look at just the little picture? It doesn't do me justice.

Actually that picture is from Yosemite in 2007 after we just completed the Four Mile Trail. You should have seen me at the end of the day after the Panaroma Trail and the Myst Trail to get back down.