Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Digital Camera vs Watercolor

Since I don't have a digital camera, I decided to try my hand at watercolor. I spent about a half hour this morning on my first watercolor. It is is a little 5"x3" notebook for watercolors.

I call my first one "View From My Window".

Photobucket

Photobucket

Hopefully, I'll improve. But you gotta start somewhere. The notebook has space for 30 little watercolors like that. Once it's done it will be neat little momento of my voyage.

Edit: I found these blog posts by a guy named Ethan who does this sort of thing too (except he does it well).
http://ethandraws.blogspot.com/2008/01/bad-beginnings.html
http://ethandraws.blogspot.com/2007/05/my-watercolor-travel-kit.html

2 comments:

Gail said...

A budding artist!

Mark said...

Thank you very much. :-)

I figure even if they are horrible, they are a little more interesting than digital camera snaps. People's eyes tend to glaze over when you show them pictures of your vacation--but watercolors of your vacation--then they get to see something truly unique.