Monday, March 31, 2008

Crepes For Dessert

Tonight, Elena made crepes for dessert. Who knew she could make crepes? They are so yummy. I had one with chestnut paste (marron in French) and Lingonberry jam (from Ikea). Then I had one with honey and cinnamon. Elena is having one with honey and cinnamon, too.

It looked simple enough to make. Flour, egg, milk, and butter. The exact ratios are Elena's secret. It was the best dessert I had in a long time. :-)

Here is Elena making them:
Photobucket

While her crepe recipe was primo, I find her technique of simply rolling the crepe up to be messy because it bleeds fillings from the end you're not biting.

Here is my crepe folding technique with my honey and cinnamon crepe:
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

No comments: