Sunday, March 2, 2008

Billings

Howdy from the Motel 6 in Billings, Montana! Elena and I stopped in Billings and got a room with internet access. The second cheapest hotel in Billings seems to be $71, but the Motel 6 is only $45 plus $3 for the connection.

I left off on my last blog looking like this:
Photobucket
See the honking huge coffee by my hand with the mouse? A City Brew Grande is a Starbucks Venti and the City Brew Tall is a Starbucks Grande. Yikes! That's a lot of coffee.

Elena drove from there and I was the passenger. I snapped a couple of photos:
Photobucket
Photobucket

We drove along I-90 for miles and miles and miles:
Photobucket

Then the coffee caught up with us. Which brings us to the Montana rest areas:
Photobucket

They have cool bent sheet metal urinals. Check out these:

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
The guy who came in just after I took the last picture probably wondered what I was doing in there. ;-p

Here I am behind the wheel:
Photobucket

We finally decided to make Billings our stop for the night. We priced a few hotels and settled for Motel 6. A little searching and we found the Albertsons where we picked up a bottle of wine. I was scared that Montana would be a hick state that doesn't sell alcohol on Sundays, but fortunately, it's not that hick-Christian. After that we stopped at a Pizza Hut where we ordered a large Chicken Supreme with 10 Buffalo wings. We waited and waited and waited. Finally, they gave us $20 because we waited so long. So our dinner was only $4 for the Pizza Hut part.

Unfortunately, I realized just now, that I left my camera battery recharger in the power strip in Elena's place. So that means I either need a new charger or a new camera. The battery is not lasting very long at all, so I'm thinking a camera might be a better bet than buying a new charger and a battery that can hold a charge. Anyway, it means fewer pictures as we head to Wisconsin.

The other minor problem is that somehow the keyfob unlocker stopped working. We couldn't get the car open with it. Then when I used the key, the car hadn't been unlocked from the keyfob, so the alarm started going off as soon as I tried to start the car. I'm not sure what that is. Maybe there is radio interference there or something. I hope it's a temporary problem.

No comments: