Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Arrival in Montpellier

Je suis arrive! It wasn't easy because except for the very first train stop, there was no announcement about where we were stopping. You had to look out the window and see what the sign said in the pitch black darkness. But at last, we made it to Montpellier!

We lugged our luggage up some more stairs. We found a couple with a sign with my name on it. Whew! They were there. Yay!!! THen the bad news. They came on foot. We had to lug our luggage...uphill...for 10 minutes! Yikes! But Elena had enough Frenchto have a nice little chat with them. I understood most of what they said except for when there was traffic or loud noises.

The first thing I noticed: university girls. Loads of them. Loads and loads. Hot and cute. Oh, I'm going to like Montpellier! We finally came upon the Rue de ?? Croix and took a left. Then the streets got narrower. Finally we wound up next to a restaurant called "Carre". The door to our place was right to its right. The door opened and we took a stone spiral staircase up 4 floors to our little room.

I do believe it is the first place I've ever lived where one dimension of the room is so small that I can touch the facing walls without even exerting myself! The room is basic, but functional. Small but charming. It'll be fun to stay here for the 5 days while we figure out what to do with our futures.

It's about 11pm, so off to bed.

No comments: