Monday, February 11, 2008

Party Recovery and Shots

After a nice bon voyage party, I was thoroughly wiped out on Sunday. Even this morning I slept in until almost 10am. I'm too old to party like that. It was a great party. Tons of people I haven't seen in a long time. It was nice to reconnect before heading out on our trip.

Today I had to wake up early enough to get to the travel clinic. I got three more shots. This time I ate before I went so that I wouldn't almost pass out again. So I went in on a full stomach. This time I started to feel queasy--like I chose the wrong thing to eat and that I would puke instead of passing out. Finally they called me name. The "fun part".

But it was OK. I got 2 shots in my left arm. I felt the first jab, but there was no pain. The second hurt a little. Then I got the third one in my right arm. The third was worse than the first but better than the second. And that was it. So I left $185 lighter and all vaccinated up and ready to go. I still need one more Hep B in 6-12 months. But other than that, I'm good to go for a long time.

Photobucket

No comments: