Saturday, February 23, 2008

My Parker Cisele Finally Works

I got a Parker Cisele fountain pen with a fine point for my 39th birthday for myself. Ever since I bought it, it has been scratchy, runs out of ink while writing, skipping, and most of the time impossible to start without priming it by dipping it in ink. Here it is on my latest l'Express. (That's the new First Lady of France on the cover promising to do her best, BTW.)

Photobucket

For a while I thought it was that air was getting into the cap. On the internet, I found a technique where you dip the end of the cap into a bottle cap filled with melted wax to seal it off, but I saw another forum posting saying to not do that because the vacuum created when you remove the cap causes the ink to come out and spill.

Last weekend, I decided to clean the whole thing out. Give it a nice thorough cleaning. Then I let it dry. And since then, it has writing perfectly.

No comments: