Tuesday, February 19, 2008

News From Wisconsin

It's always nice when there is news from my home state. We don't hear about Wisconsin too much out here in the Pacific Northwest. Actually, I do see a lot of WI plates and people wearing Badger gear. And C-SPAN has someone or another with a UW connection about once a week.

So to hear that Wisconsin's primary results are important is kind of nice. We are an oft overlooked state. I met a lot of Wisconsinites in Japan, actually. Wisconsin citizens seem to wind up in places out of proportion to our numbers. Maybe it's that farm ethic (not that I have it) or Midwest honesty and common sense (this I think I can claim). I don't know what it is, but it's nice to be from there. Previous Wisconsinites have laid the groundwork of good ambassadorship and I hope I follow in those footsteps, especially now that I'm going to be a sort of ambassador in countries where not so many tourists go.

I'm proud of the fact that as a Wisconsinite, I had a chance to vote for Herb Kohl and especially Russ Feingold. I'm a slight Obama leaner, but I love both Barack and Hillary. I will happily and willingly support either or both. I hope my Wisconsin readers enjoyed basking in the attention--while watching all those commercials I don't get to see because I am in Canada. On Wisconsin!

No comments: