Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Last Minute Phone Calls

This morning I made some last minute phone calls for things I have to get out of the way.

First I called my insurance company to make sure they have my parents' address and to tell them to switch my car to a storage rate. I'll call them once again when it's in storage. The rate is only $79 for 6 months. Not bad.

Then I called my bank to see if I could a credit card that doesn't expire when I'm in Togo. He said they could send one, but they'd have to turn off my current card. No good because I'm about to start and cross country journey from Vancouver to Wisconsin/Illinois. When I asked if they could send one by expedited mail, he checked with his supervisor and said he could for free. It's funny that he'd have to check. Nobody wants to be without a credit card. If they are going to turn the current one off and mail out a new one, it should always be by overnight mail. Crikey!

Then I called my cell phone company. I will get a code to unlock my phone, made sure I have international roaming, and tried to update my address (they already had my new address). I need to make sure I have international roaming because when I went to Spain last year, they thought my account was fraudulent and turned it off. I had to fax them a copy of my driver's license and a copy of a electric bill to verify my existence and address. It was very annoying.

No comments: