Thursday, December 6, 2007

I <3 Packing. NOT!

Is there anything worse than packing all your belongings into boxes? I wish books came in standard sizes and that boxes designed to hold books came in multiples of those sizes. But somehow it seems that every book has it's own unique size and shape--kind of like women, I guess--(and they don't fit together, either).

Anyway, I have finally started the laborious process of getting all my earthly belongings into boxes for transport to the storage place which is mercifully close. I can easily make multiple trips to get all the small stuff there. Then I just have to figure out a way to get the big stuff there without spending too much money. Most of the movers seem to charge a lot and have minimum prices. Tomorrow I'll take 10 boxes of books to the storage place and buy 10 more empty boxes. That should just about cover the books.

Then I have all sorts of stuff I want to throw away. You'd think that there would be much more information out there about how to get rid of the old generations of electronics I have. And I have an old vacuum cleaner I want to get rid of. You'd think in a world where thieves are stealing a yoga studio's prayer wheel for the scrap metal, that the copper windings in the vacuum cleaner would be something people would want. Funny world we live in.

No comments: