Tuesday, December 4, 2007

French Blogs

I started looking at the Next Blog feature of my blogs. It is a link to some other blog that someone else has created. There seems to be no rhyme or reason to what the next blog is. There were a few blogs in Spanish and then voila, a blog in French. So I spent this morning and this afternoon reading French blogs (and writing my horrible French into my little French notebook). The first blog was by French person living in Japan, so I read blogs by French people living in Japan.

My favorite so far is: http://suppaiku.blogspot.com/ by a guy who works for Nova which is a language school in Japan (there are 3 big ones: Nova, ECC, and Geos). I have known quite a few people who worked for these language schools, so it's interesting to see another take on working there--and of just living in Japan.

It's helping my vocabulary. Blogs use real everyday language, so each new word I look up is a word I'm likely to encounter in my everyday life. Better than word lists. Unfortunately, there are still sentences that I can't make heads or tails of. It's an uphill struggle. But more fun than working.

No comments: