Thursday, May 29, 2008

What To Take? What To Leave?

Our time in Montpellier is almost finished. Now we have to starting packing. Ugh!!! And when packing for an extended backpacking tour through the developing world, you really need to decide what to bring and what not to bring.

My Big Collins French dictionary? I really like this dictionary. It's the only dictionary that actually directs you to the right verb when you try to look up one of the screwball irregular verb exceptions. But it's big. I think I'll head over to Book-in-Bar and get a smaller dictionary for French/English.

The Road/la Route? I'm still in the process of reading these. And I'll spend a lot of alone time in the next several months. I think I have to bring these to maintain my sanity. I'll eventually be able to ditch The Road in some hostel somewhere where future hostellers will be grateful to find such a nice book--then just reread the la Route.

My iPod Touch? It has WiFi and a web browser. But, it's an expensive piece of equipment. Tough call. Not decided.

Fountain pens and ink? I love em. Take them and keep them safe, or load up on Bic Stics? Hmmm....

No comments: