Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Still Jonesing For OVS

Elena and I headed over to the Bibliotheque Americaine or Bibliotheque Anglophone to use the internet so we could connect to OnVaSortir.com. We have been receiving messages from other user who are able to connect, but we are still not able to connect from home. I was hoping that upon our return, OVS would be back, but no.

I sent an email this morning to alliancetelecom.fr which is our building's ISP, but haven't heard anything. Usually, and ISP automatically assigns a ticket number and auto-responds, but maybe this type of CRM software isn't used in France. Anyway, I had heard anything, so I sent another one.

Then I sent a message to completel.fr and explained my situation. Completel.fr is the company that actually runs the gateway. My default DNS is dns1.completel.fr and that is the DNS server that is timing out on the DNS request. Alliance Telecom seems to be a local retail provider that uses Completel's network. The problem is on Completel's DNS server.

Anyway, it is very frustrating to lose access to your favorite website. Especially since it has a self-contained email system that requires you to go to their website to read the email. I hope they fix it soon.

No comments: