Thursday, May 1, 2008

Poseidon in My Studio

This is my watercolor stuff. This is all I use (oops--forgot the kneadable eraser, though):

Photobucket

That's the next one I'm working on. A fountain of Poseidon. Here is a picture Elena took a while ago when she was planning to use it as a starting point if she would organize OVS jogging activities. It's quite a unique fountain.

Photobucket

It started out looking like this in the 6H pencil:

Photobucket

Then I colored it in. It isn't easy to capture the scene. It is very wet and there are many many jets of water dancing on and off and high and low. I did the bronze with a first coat of dark green followed by a second coat of brown. Poseidon was a bit dark, so I had to resort to my fountain pen to ink in the details in black ink.

Here is the final product:

Photobucket

So I have done 5 watercolors now. It's time to take a break and try to learn some more French. Tomorrow is another day. Elena will go for a bike ride and I will find something else to draw

1 comment:

Felix said...

This one looks good too!

Hope your French is coming along well. I'm on Day 2 in Montreal, taking French classes for 2 weeks. Already have had 11 hours. I knew a little French coming in, but have a very long way to go!