Sunday, November 18, 2007

Welcome

Well, it's the middle of November and I'm preparing for my trip to France and Africa. I left my job a couple of months ago and have been studying French fairly intensively. I use the Living Language CDs to work on speaking and hearing. I'm also trying to rent 2 French movies per week from Video on 15th. You can see my reviews on my Facebook account.

I was studying Arabic, but that's on hiatus for a while. I'll focus more on Arabic later.

The way I'm learning to read French is by reading books that can be found in each language. I did it with a book called The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho and I'm currently reading Lord Jim by Joseph Conrad. Conrad uses complex compound sentences, so when I'm finished reading Lord Jim in French, I'll be ready for anything. I'll probably have entries about my language studies in future posts.

No comments: